Hello, guys! 👋
Sometimes it is difficult to understand the terminology and multiple abbreviations in the world of affiliate marketing 🚀
Therefore, the Datify.Link team has collected all the useful terms for beginners, and not only in this glossary 🔥
Let’s start from the beginning, in this section, you will find the designation of the basic concepts in affiliate marketing, find out what an offer is, and what niches exist.
Affiliate Marketing is a performance-based marketing strategy where publishers could earn a commission by promoting a service or product belonging to another retailer or advertiser. They achieve this by using an affiliate link, and upon delivering a specific outcome to the retailer or advertiser, they receive a reward in the form of a commission payout.
Offer: public proposition from a merchant to advertise a specific product or service in exchange for affiliate commission. An advertiser chooses an item to market and creates an offer, and an affiliate sees the offer and takes it for promotion.
Offer Types 💥
- 1click flow refers to the process of completing an action or conversion with just one click, such as signing up for a service or making a purchase. This type of flow is typically used for simple or low-value offers where the user’s intent to convert is clear.
- 2click flow refers to the process of completing an action or conversion with two clicks, such as filling out a form or completing a survey. This type of flow is typically used for more complex or high-value offers where more information is needed from the user before the conversion can be completed.
- COD offers stand for Cash on Delivery offers where a user can pay for a product at the time of delivery instead of paying online. This type of offer is typically used for products or services that are not easily or safely transacted online.
- CC Submit (Credit Card Submit) refers to the process of submitting a user’s credit card information to complete a purchase or subscription. This is typically used for digital goods and services, recurring payments, and high-value transactions.
- mVAS (Mobile Value Added Services) is any mobile content offers that operate on a subscription or one-time payment basis. These services can include SMS and MMS messaging, mobile games, ringtones, wallpapers, and other types of content and applications. mVAS is typically offered by mobile network operators and third-party providers, and can generate additional revenue through subscription or usage-based pricing models.
Niches in affiliate marketing are divided into two types: Adult and Mainstream 🏆
- Utility Apps
- Adult dating
- Crypto and ICO
- Health and wellness
- Personal Finance
- Home and Garden
- Fashion and beauty
- Fitness and sports
- Food and cooking
- Personal development
- Pet care
- DIY and Home Improvement
- Outdoor gear and equipment
- Clean Energy
- Sustainable living
- Non-toxic personal care products
- Environmental conservation
- Home security
- Legal services
The main players in affiliate marketing are affiliate programs, advertising networks, and webmasters. Who else? Read below 👇
- Advertising Network is a platform that connects advertisers with website publishers to help promote products or services.
- Affiliate networks are platforms where merchants (advertisers) list their products and services and publishers (affiliates) can find offers to promote. Affiliates can earn commissions by promoting the products or services listed on the network. Affiliate networks also provide tracking and reporting tools to help affiliates track their performance and commissions.
- Smartlink platform is a cloud-based platform that allows users to connect and control their smart devices, as well as manage their energy consumption. It offers a range of tools and features, such as energy monitoring, automation, lighting control, and security monitoring. It is designed to help users reduce their energy consumption and manage their connected devices from a single interface.
- Advertiser a company or individual that pays to promote their products or services through advertising.
- Publishers are responsible for providing traffic and managing advertising. They are the ones in charge of ensuring that ads are seen by the right people and that they are delivered in a timely manner.
- An affiliate or Webmaster is an individual or organization that promotes another company’s products or services in exchange for a commission.
- Media Buyer: a person or a team that is responsible for purchasing advertising space or traffic to promote products or services through an affiliate program or advertising platforms.
- SSP (Supply Side Platform) is a technology platform that allows publishers to manage and sell their advertising inventory to multiple demand sources, such as DSPs, ad networks, and agencies.
- DSP (Demand Side Platform) is a technology platform that allows advertisers and agencies to buy and manage digital advertising inventory from multiple sources, such as SSPs, ad networks, and publishers.
We hope this dictionary will be useful for you 🧨